In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cero absoluto masculine
- The third law of thermodynamics states that for a perfect crystal at a temperature of absolute zero on the Kelvin scale the entropy value is zero.
- He was not serious: in fact, he had done fundamental research on electromagnetism and light, on telegraphy, and on heat, where he had come up with the idea of an absolute zero of temperature - the scale based on this is named after him.
- Any material object at a temperature above absolute zero radiates energy.
- In doing so, he devised a more fundamental way of defining the absolute zero of temperature, independent of any particular material substance.
- The zero point on the Kelvin scale is known as absolute zero and it is theoretically the coldest temperature achievable.
- In fact, to quash all doubts, zero on the Kelvin scale is dubbed absolute zero.
- The behaviour of a gas at temperatures close to absolute zero depends on whether the atoms in the gas are fermions or bosons.
- At absolute zero the internal energy of the system would be zero since temperature is proportional to internal energy.
- In the billions of years since, they have cooled to less than three degrees Kelvin above absolute zero, equivalent to microwave frequencies.
- The Kelvin temperature scale is based on this fact, with zero Kelvin representing absolute zero.
- At absolute zero atoms have the minimum amount of vibration possible.
- It is the Kelvin temperature scale that defines its zero point as absolute zero, and is calculated by adding 273 degrees to the Centigrade temperature.
- A regular incandescent light bulb relies on the fact that all bodies with a temperature greater than absolute zero emit radiation.
- This indicated as the absolute zero of temperature the point that would be marked as - 273 degrees on an air thermometer scale.
- All objects with a temperature greater than absolute zero emit infrared energy, the most common characteristic of which is heat.
- What will happen to the gas at absolute zero temperature?
- Only in the study of quantum liquids at temperatures close to absolute zero does experimental accuracy approach Heisenberg's limit.
- Because temperature is a measure of the motion of molecules there is a theoretical absolute zero temperature at which all molecular motion would cease.
- But in recent years researchers have found a handful of complex metal-free materials that can become magnetic at temperatures near absolute zero.
- At the point on the graph where the volume of the gas is zero (gas cannot have a volume less than zero), the theoretical temperature is absolute zero, the coldest temperature possible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.