In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a bag of platelets or plasma, the psoralens break down after a day, and an absorbent resin wafer in the bag removes the byproducts.
- Clothing should be light-colored and lightweight and limited to one layer of absorbent material to facilitate evaporation of sweat.
- The first material is acrylate, a highly absorbent material that gels with exudate fluid and is capable of absorbing up to 300 times its own weight.
- Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and protective suits laid sheets of absorbent material on the slick to soak up the chemicals.
- If necessary, wipe your lens with a dry, lint-free absorbent cloth.
- Some furnishings are made of absorbent materials that make them ‘sinks’ for other pollutants.
- For successful printing, you need paint of the right consistency (not too thick, not too thin), absorbent paper and plenty of newspaper to cover your floors!
- He took out the bacon from the skillet and placed it on three sheets of absorbent paper towel.
- Layer very wet, sloppy materials (fruit wastes, etc.) with absorbent ingredients such as sawdust or shredded dry leaves.
- Green campaigners say home laundered cloth nappies save parents money and they are made mostly from natural fabrics while disposable nappies are made of paper pulp, absorbent chemicals and plastic.
- Cloth diapers are made of an absorbent material, such as cotton.
- After doing several areas, dry off excess moisture with soft absorbent cloths or towels, which can be laundered and reused.
- Lining the jambs between the inner and outer window with a soft, absorbent material such as felt will result in even greater noise reduction.
- In the mid-1860s, he succeeded in mixing it with an inert absorbent material.
- Lay an absorbent cloth soaked in hydrogen peroxide directly over the stain; put an ammonia-saturated cloth on top of this.
- This is the style of germination test best suited to the home garden, since all you need is a paper towel (or similarly absorbent paper product) and a zip-lock bag.
- Before laying your liner, compact the soil and cover it with a layer of sand or an absorbent material such as old carpeting or newspaper.
- Hensen says absorbent fibres successfully soaked up the bulk of the oil that covered the dam like a sheet last week.
- The bottom of the cage was covered with absorbent paper; this paper was soaked with distilled water three times per week.
- Blot excess oils with an absorbent paper towel or terry cloth rags.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.