In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1expresionismo abstracto masculine
- He called himself a literary painter, and his passionate canvases became unfashionable with the rise of abstract expressionism in the 1940s.
- By the late 1960s, pop art had risen to take the place of abstract expressionism.
- Pollock was one of a group of painters - de Kooning was another - developing the new genre of abstract expressionism.
- His move to Miami to make a fresh start, aged 40, coincided with a sea-change in American art, as abstract expressionism gave way to the ascendancy of pop.
- It's for people from the suburbs who think Monet is far-out radical chic or don't know that abstract expressionism is passé.
- A good painter, an accomplished art critic, and a published poet, Porter maintained a stubborn allegiance to representational painting at a time when American art was deeply committed to abstract expressionism.
- In the mid-1940s, abstract expressionism came to the forefront of American modernism, with its emphasis on flat, all-over compositional structure and rejection of representation.
- Yeats never made the leap into abstract expressionism that marked art in America after the second world war, but he pushed expressionism to the edge of abstraction in some later works.
- There is also a large selection of styles - from landscapes and still lifes to abstract expressionism and surrealist art.
- In addition, the post-war New York school of abstract expressionism - of which he and Jackson Pollock were the leading members - was not just another art movement.
- Expressionism relocated to the US where it became abstract expressionism, the dominant US style, in the hands of artists like Pollock and De Kooning.
- Clark assures the reader that he is not being ironic when praising abstract expressionism for its vulgarity: the strength of this art cannot be separated from its ‘true petty-bourgeois pathos’.
- Gary Engle, a self-taught artist, explains that the heart of his portfolio consists of images of nature that lean toward abstract expressionism.
- As an artist who gained prominence in the turbulent and exciting 1960s, he was instrumental in the transition from abstract expressionism toward a return to the object and representationalism.
- It was a transition from something in which I had been totally immersed - abstract expressionism - to the coming of pop art.
- In its five galleries, the museum hosts exhibits ranging from cowboy art to abstract expressionism.
- The repertoire was extremely unconventional, and highly experimental; the subject-matter of its ballets embraced everything from African dance and Muslim traditions to roller skating, feminism, and abstract expressionism.
- They combine the meticulous planning and craftsmanship of, say, the Amish quiltmaking tradition with the emotional power and formal daring we associate with abstract expressionism.
- But Bacon's abstraction is a kind of middle way between pure abstraction, which buries the creative spark in geometric formalism, and abstract expressionism, which surrenders form to chaos.
- In the 1950s, with the prominence of abstract expressionism, Lawrence swam ‘against the stream’ in certain respects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.