- Abutilon, acanthus, and nandina provide a back-drop, and double impatiens and coleus add seasonal color.
- Many featured floral and botanical patterns, often the lily or the acanthus leaf.
- We took an acanthus flower from a popular Georgian wallpaper design and blew it up so large that a single flower filled an entire wall.
- Many wildflowers in the habitat belong to the acanthus family, including branched foldwing, Carolina scalystem, Carolina wild petunia, loose-flower water willow, and swamp twinflower.
- The leaves of the acanthus are so famously handsome and glossy that their blue flower spike is almost an afterthought.
- Given the backdrop of ferns, hostas and the wooden acanthus leaves, this is an excellent way to bring back into the garden what would otherwise be a slightly shady thoroughfare.
- Planted beneath it, and in the matching raised bed across the runnel, is a collection of bold and textural plants such as abutilon, acanthus, agapanthus, and Tasmanian tree fern.
- Like those of the eighteenth century, these ‘flowers and leaves’ were variations on irises, carnations, roses, and acanthus.
- Some plant species can regenerate from seemingly unpromisingly small fragments (as I know from moving an acanthus in my garden).
- Beyond the pane, a duller gleaming, drooping green acanthus leaves, symbol once, in Christian art, of heaven, before that, classic curlicue of Greek and Roman art and architecture.
- Along with the box - real and otherwise - are large terracotta pots of Chusan palms and acanthus, which can be moved around according to whim.
- Then our patch: some of it is paved, there is a frog pond, a fig tree, acanthus, bamboo and cranesbill.
- Spray artichokes, cynara carduncularus, achillea, lavender, hydrangea, acanthus and eryngiums with snow, glitter or metallic paints available from DIY shops.
- One thinks of the acanthus, or bamboo, or (in Tibet), the tiger skin.