1Motor Vehiclesacelerador masculineto step on the accelerator — apretar el acelerador
- He put the key into the ignition and fired the engine, then pressed the accelerator pedal down so that the engine roar drowned out Kate's next words.
- The only thing I noticed was the engine braking which dragged the car slower when I took my foot off the accelerator.
- He stopped speaking suddenly when Carl jammed the van into reverse gear and slammed his foot down on the accelerator pedal.
- When the driver takes his/her foot off the brake and puts it on the accelerator, the engine re-starts automatically and almost seamlessly.
- When you come to a halt, the car cuts out after a few seconds to preserve energy; the engine then fires again when your foot returns to the accelerator.
- He hit the accelerator full on, no longer caring about traffic or the police.
- I easily left him behind without flooring the accelerator.
- In fact, moving my foot from the accelerator to the brake was difficult as it kept catching on something under the panel.
- I put my foot down on the accelerator and sped away from the city.
- He had no choice but to ease his foot on the accelerator and let his speed drift down to about 20 mph.
2Physicsacelerador de partículas masculine