In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carretera de acceso feminine
- On top of that they want to build an access road from the Keswick Street end of the ground to link up with the Gabriels club across the fields.
- Go through the gateway on the left-hand side of the dam and follow the reservoir access road down through a small woodland plantation.
- The Tritium Truck heads north off the main highway, and following a series of country roads comes to a gravel access road.
- The access road would not be altered and no new roads would be created on the site. Each property would have its own private garden.
- Louie Servin lives about two miles from the track off Cherry Avenue, a main access road to the speedway.
- Ignore tracks to the left and right but keep to the main access road which bears right and climbs gradually to the lane crossroads.
- Matters are not helped by the fact that at weekends the northern ring road becomes solely an access road to Clifton Moor.
- An access road will run from the entrance at Ferncliffe Road, through the site to the far end of the development onto Mornington Road.
- It sounded like they were just coming down the small hill on the access road, where it meets the main road at a right angle.
- A refuse store and a new access road on to Arthur Lane will also be created.
- At present traffic is being diverted via the Lodge Road and a temporary access road.
- Using a bypass as a main access road for housing and industry is fraught with potential road traffic problems and dangers.
- I was out in front and I veered off the main road, taking an access road for a large warehouse.
- The Tynings in Corsham is a residential street used as an access road for double decker buses collecting pupils at the secondary school.
- A new access road on to Arthur Lane would also be created.
- Leave the main road here and follow the access road towards the farm.
- The order was identified when the estate was being planned and is intended to allow a new access road across Black Horse Lane.
- As you drive up the access road through the foothills about two hours after leaving Calgary, the ski hill comes into view.
- One road needed to be developed as the main access road into Belmullet and it seemed logical this would be the road from Ballina.
- But one of the more controversial aspects of the plans submitted to Harrogate Council is a new access road off Rudding Lane.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.