In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He's a nimble, accomplished soloist and a sensitive accompanist, capable of pastel washes, shimmering folky chords or juicy bop lines.
- So this is a delightful chance for an encounter with a man who is known as one of the best accompanists performing in the world today.
- He is better known as an accompanist than as a composer.
- He has worked extensively with both singers and piano accompanists at many colleges throughout the United States and performed as collaborative pianist nationwide and abroad.
- So it is a great thing for a singer to have an accompanist who knows singing from his own experience.
- He performed as a concert pianist and professional accompanist throughout the Midwest.
- Many of my colleagues, truly brilliant accompanists, have a great sense for the singer and I have no idea whether any of them took formal singing lessons.
- Vocalists and instrumentalists can use them to provide accompaniment if a live accompanist is not available which probably is most of the time.
- Many think organists are just accompanists or just play in church.
- Simon Over, organist of St.Margaret's, Westminster and already one of the UK's most capable young accompanists and operatic repetiteurs, makes his operatic conducting debut.
- This is an opera where the orchestra can become a partner to the singers rather than just an accompanist and the Chelsea Opera Group orchestra was on brilliant form.
- Even those musicians who are not professional accompanists will likely find use for this skill in their studios or ensemble rehearsals.
- Some conductors appear in public as keyboard accompanists, a part many of them constantly play exceedingly well in private rehearsal.
- Rieger prefers being an accompanist to being a concert pianist.
- He is an accompanist, songwriter and composer who works with choirs, vocal and ensembles.
- An accompanist does not merely follow the singer.
- He also has performed for many years as a chamber music pianist and piano accompanist with and for artists around the country.
- Woolfe is alone on stage, except for a mute accompanist called The Creepy Musician.
- He performs as soloist and accompanist and is a frequent adjudicator at piano festivals and competitions.
- The late pianist, who died in 2002, was the ideal accompanist for many singers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.