In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1responsabilidad feminineaccountability to sb — responsabilidad ante algn
- In today's litigious society, we need to have someone to blame, to apportion accountability.
- Where is the outrage and demand amongst the fourth estate for some accountability from him?
- Greater political diversity on the Exec has led to more accountability to students.
- He said accountability was important for a police service wounded by a lack of public trust.
- They have to make sure staff know their responsibilities and their accountability.
- There must be a popular move to require transparency and accountability in all walks of life.
- Goals need to be set and reviewed and accountability cannot be ignored.
- Will the big media outlets demand the same accountability of themselves that they demand of everyone else?
- Their usual role is to provide the illusion of accountability while refusing to lay a finger on the holders of power.
- The key legal issues arising from clinical ethics committees concern accountability.
- One of the consequences of their taking the Parliamentary path is accountability.
- There are ways to lie and be completely absolved of any kind of accountability.
- Given that this includes accountability to the public, his comments seem more than a little confused.
- An entire change of culture and open debate on accountability is required.
- When public funds are involved, accountability requires that money is spent wisely.
- Lack of accountability has corroded public respect for business and political leaders.
- For even a minor piece of construction work, there is a system of accountability.
- We have to get the professional game right and we have to give it responsibility and accountability.
- It is about taking responsibility for the accountability that actually you have now got a bad manager.
- In any democratic set up the question of accountability of the budget is an important factor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.