In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He specialised in business studies and accountancy and, in former times, economic history.
- Far from being an economist, and no great mathematician, I do know the basics of accountancy and can read a balance sheet.
- But he is encouraged by the influx of women into accountancy, with many now in leading company positions.
- I spoke to my advisor and switched to accountancy for the next year.
- She completed a degree in accountancy at the University of Stirling in 1992.
- Elaborating, she said that she studies computers, maths, accountancy and biology.
- If you want a job for life forget accountancy, engineering or publishing.
- He received a first class honours degree in accountancy and business studies.
- He took an engineering degree at Bristol University before following his father into accountancy.
- Traditional middle class professions such as the law and accountancy have made solid progress.
- One of Bradford's leading accountancy firms has announced the appointment of a new managing partner.
- Martin did not continue his cricket career beyond these matches and instead spent a professional career in accountancy.
- My long experience of accountancy has enabled me to meet countless accountants, through work and socially.
- Possible options suggested were accountancy or even the civil service.
- Walker recalls the major pitfall of starting a new business is having to learn accountancy.
- It is expected to provide one of the largest specialist accountancy and business development resources in the region.
- Perhaps the opportunity to run a business which has nothing to do with accountancy!
- Eight new graduate courses in accountancy will be used in the requirements of the new diploma programs.
- You can take the man out of accountancy, but it's difficult to take the accountant out of the man.
- My partner, Suzy, who had studied accountancy, does the books and keeps all the records.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.