In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contador masculine Latin Americacontadora feminine Latin Americacontable masculine Spain
- The accountants decided the accounts were inefficient, and persuaded the politicians to close them.
- More to the point, we are a nation of accountants, consultants and financial advisers.
- The orientation of research and development staff is likely to differ from that of accountants.
- Your assets are seized and managed by an accountant specialising in insolvency.
- If Hannibal had listened too long to his accountants, he might not have set off in the first place.
- The distinction between fixed and variable costs commonly used by accountants is quite irrelevant.
- He would pass the letter on to his accountant, who would more than likely tell him not to worry.
- They cancelled their credit cards when told accountants were to look through the books, it is claimed.
- Financial control is not as popular with qualified accountants as it used to be.
- Ask your accountant to inform your tax office as soon as possible that he or she is dealing with your case.
- When my banker boyfriend came to London, he hung out with other bankers, or accountants and lawyers.
- Many accountants made it to the board having previously served as senior executives.
- He went to see an insolvency practitioner at his accountants for advice on winding up the business.
- After that, tax payers will have to employ an accountant or work out for themselves how much they owe the taxman.
- He said the vast bulk of claims against accountants were not for audit work but for taxation work.
- There are a number of types of accountant, with chartered accountants being among the best known.
- The involvement of a qualified accountant in preparing these forecasts is recommended.
- He is not sure if he owes tax on this, but is meeting his accountant this week to discuss the issue.
- Many accountants have opted to return to college to add further value to their skills.
- There will always be a flow of accountants leaving the country to work and gain experience abroad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.