1the accused — los acusados
- In most cases, it is probably only the age and sex of the accused that are capable of being relevant.
- Immediately after the robbery the accused had left his home and could not be found by the police.
- A defence expert may be viewed by the jury as hired to say something that would help the accused.
- It is a matter of urgency for us that the accused are released and all charges are dropped.
- Many of the collateral rules relating to the defence are favourable to the accused.
- He used a combination of intimidation and hearsay evidence to browbeat the accused.
- Throughout detectives have been struck by the lack of remorse shown by the accused.
- The young boy was then punched to the floor and kicked in the face and stomach by the accused.
- It also has to be clear that the accused has been told of the evidence against him so that if he has an alibi he can use it.
- Of course, everybody knew that the deed with which the accused was charged had been done.
- The accused then told the victim he would kill her if she didn't do what he told her to do.
- There can be no trial at all unless the accused is fit both to plead and to stand trial.
- These are not cases where the accused has caused death while in an involuntary state.
- I was repeatedly forced to waive my rights in order to be treated like any other accused.
- This is all proceeding on the assumption that the accused was there on the night of the burglary.
- Being present at the hearing of one's case is often of crucial importance to the accused.
- Since the judges never met the accused, the evidence was unlikely to be challenged.
- This was the second time she was required to take the stand in full view of the accused.
- That required fairness to the accused but also to the prosecution and those involved in it.
- Two of the four accused were dismissed early in the trial after the judge found her to be unreliable.