In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The system had to be achromatic and diffraction limited for two specific wavelengths spaced about 35 nm apart.
- He also experimented with making an achromatic telescope.
- The modern achromatic compound microscope was invented in 1878, and it was this instrument that added the extra dimension of the microscopic study of tissues to anatomical teaching.
- This behavior is also common in two-material waveplates such as achromatic waveplates constructed from quartz and magnesium fluoride plates.
- The 'Barlow lens', a modification of this telescope lens, is a negative achromatic combination of flint glass and crown glass.
- The invention is applicable, in particular, to the production of a main beam with a blurred, achromatic, cut-off at the bottom; this beam may be autonomous, or it may be complementary to a dipped or passing beam.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.