In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acid rock masculinerock acid masculine
- This is a vocal pop band, not an acid rock band, and there's only so many weird things you can do with group harmonies.
- Maybe it was the guy in the car next to you blasting acid rock music to everyone within a 20 block radius.
- As soft pop began to lose its commercial allure to an audience more interested in Fillmore-styled acid rock, the group found themselves on somewhat shakier ground.
- With the dawn of the 21st century, a completely new era, the music of the good old days namely the 1960's acid rock has taken a backseat to trance and ‘bubblegum’ pop.
- Allan, it's been said, was the missing link between heavy-reverb surf music, early garage punk and psychedelic acid rock.
- We are being invaded by hard rock, acid rock, punk rock, new wave, and heavy metal music under the guise of religious rock and roll.
- Markert says that, while Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze personified 1960s acid rock, four fifths of the songs that explicitly mention LSD are post 1980 and overwhelmingly hostile.
- In the early days it was really about the 12-minute esoteric psychedelic acid rock jam thing, and I've kind of returned to that format because it's just natural for me.
- Not that we'd want them to attempt acid rock, anyway, but they do on ‘Yes, I Am Experienced’ and ‘It's All Meat ’, both howlingly incompetent attempts at Jimi Hendrix and Cream, respectively.
- Unfortunately, 1980s technology was not designed for artists influenced by the 1960s acid rock of Captain Beefheart, the 1950s rhythm and blues of Bo Diddley and the organic harmonies of early Beatles.
- We decide to escape the tinny acid rock version of ‘Summertime Blues’ blaring overhead and covertly take our brews ‘to go.’
- Most of them grew up listening to acid rock, and have no ears.
- It mixes Wagner with Ravel, adding its acid rock roof raiser theme song every few minutes to induce true aural frenzy.
- Formed in 1989, the band is known for their slow-boiling acid rock, but there's little of that here.
- So keep on the look out for an acid rock version of ‘Be-Bop-a-Lula’.
- Looking back I can see that that first apartment had a good layout and was spacious, but it was ground floor and the guys above me lifted weights to acid rock.
- The following track pushes their acid rock aspirations to the forefront.
- Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and the legendary leader of the Merry Pranksters - the pioneering hippies who spread LSD and acid rock from their magic bus - died yesterday near his home in Oregon.
- On the latest album, he's bringing the beats and scattered rhymes into the zone of spooky jazz fusion and hallucinogenic acid rock.
- Set on the brink of nihilism, with acid rock replacing the old martial melodies, the vision was not upward into sun and clouds, but downward into mud and agony.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.