In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acrobacia feminineto learn acrobatics — aprender acrobacia / acrobatismo
- they did some spectacular acrobatics — hicieron unas acrobacias espectaculares
- To further bring joy to the occasion, some guests show off their skills at juggling and acrobatics.
- For the super-keen there will even be the chance of extra training to master aerial acrobatics.
- Instead of sitting in lessons the fitness fanatics spent the week dancing, playing golf, doing kung fu, enjoying acrobatics and much more.
- Capoeira, for those not in the know, is a Brazilian martial art form that blends acrobatics and dance with pounding African rhythms.
- Fleet entertained him while he ate with stories of aerial acrobatics and daring airship battles.
- On Easter Monday, also at the hall, they will be teaching circus skills from juggling to acrobatics.
- Instead of sitting in lessons the whole school has been playing a host of games including football, rugby, acrobatics and kung fu.
- Students majoring in martial arts roles go through a strict training, involving acrobatics and eurythmics.
- The twins specialised in sports acrobatics, which differs from gymnastics in that there are no props used.
- The SkyHawks are known for their daring displays of aerial acrobatics.
- My stomach did an amazing feat of acrobatics and my knees buckled under me.
- These days, Bianka concentrates on artistic gymnastics and acrobatics choreography.
- At intervals throughout the show are astounding displays of gymnastics and acrobatics by talented women artistes.
- So, to cut a long story short, we spent most of the day in that Sport Hall, most of it spent petrifying me by making me do all sorts of crazy acrobatics.
- It will be the kind of aerial skills, acrobatics, juggling and mask work most of us don't see outside of the Edinburgh Festival.
- The usual acrobatics, tricks and skill demonstrations are there.
- Early in the morning he rose and began his daily exercises, acrobatics, and swordplay.
- Today's cheerleading is a unique mix of gymnastics, strength, acrobatics and dance.
- The game takes place on a 5 meter cushioned area suitable for martial arts and acrobatics training.
- The ropes are stretched tight around the corner posts, to allow for acrobatics from the actual ropes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.