In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(performance)interpretación masculineactuación masculinethe acting is excellent — la interpretación / actuación es excelente
- Even with its lineup of stars and decent acting, the film doesn't adequately capture your imagination.
- Upon my second viewing, I discovered a sweet film with exceptional acting.
- He also studied acting with Elia Kazan, making his debut as an actor in 1937 and as a dancer at the Dance Center of Felia Sorel and Gluck-Sandor.
- She came to playwriting by way of acting, a career she began at age six when she appeared in a commercial for Nabisco cookies.
- Some movies you watch for world-class acting, powerful drama, and a terrific screenplay.
- The talky screenplay and questionable acting take away from the power of the events being depicted.
- Despite the strong start and the strong acting, the film as a whole petered out toward the end.
- Though born and brought up in a conservative Sikh family in Norway, she always had a dream of acting in a Bollywood film.
- We talked a lot about Fifties-style acting, especially Montgomery Clift.
- With no rewards in the writing, the cinematography, and dismal acting, that's asking way too much.
- The acting in the film is as predictable as the various denouements.
- Saint came from the school of acting where motivation for action was crucial to understanding your character.
- It is gentle, funny and introspective, in all aspects, whether it is the cinematography, music or acting.
- It has been a while since I've seen a film with such superb acting, and what a breath of fresh air it was.
- His mad acting in the lead role compensates accordingly.
- This is a film with fine acting, camera work free of frills and a plot that will keep you guessing.
- But, acting, good acting, is as difficult to describe in words as music.
- The acting, as is usually the case with a Spielberg film, is top-notch.
- From the wonderful acting to the beautiful cinematography, the movie is as flawless as anything I've seen in recent memory.
- Great acting or no great acting, there are a rare few movies that trap you in a room with two actors for 97 minutes that don't have you begging for oxygen.
2(as activity)have you done any acting before? — ¿has hecho teatro/cine alguna vez?
- I want to go into acting — quiero ser actor
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.