In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(story/movie) lleno de acciónthe weekend was pretty action-packed — el fin de semana fue bastante movido / agitado
- Whichever show you choose, it's sure to be an action-packed event.
- But never fear, there is still an action-packed programme of entertainment planned for the High Street on Sunday.
- To round off the day's action-packed racing programme, the Lighting Rods will also be taking to the circuit.
- With St Patrick's Day almost upon us, the town and community at large is gearing up for a spectacular, action-packed day.
- Those magnificent mutants return for an action-packed sequel that knocks spots off the original movie and leaves you itching for more.
- This action-packed thriller gives a unique look behind the scenes at the White House.
- The lives of fictional private detectives tend to be action-packed, dangerous and full of incident.
- Poultry show, bees and honey and an action-packed main arena programme.
- The day has been rather pleasant, pretty much amounting to an extension, of sorts, to the action-packed weekend that has just passed.
- Now we can begin to look forward to arguing about real teams and sportsmen/women who will star in one of the most action-packed sporting years in memory.
- Thousands of people turned out to enjoy an action-packed weekend of events throughout York and North and East Yorkshire.
- From the fast-paced danger of downhill skiing to more graceful ice skating, the games are already an action-packed pageant.
- The novel reads like a homage to Leonard, with its rhythmic repartee, underworld characters and action-packed plot.
- Children and grown-ups got in the party spirit and enjoyed an action-packed family fun day.
- This action-packed cop thriller rattles along at a cracking pace, with strong performances from all the leading players.
- The Leisure Centre will be running action-packed fun and activity camps again this summer.
- His mission is to seek out wondrous treasures, discover strange new lands and to boldly go where no action-packed adventure has gone before.
- And so it eventually proved - but not before a stirring fight by the Scots in an action-packed game.
- This is an action-packed event, running for 8 days, with lots of entertainment for all the family.
- The action-packed programme offers walks for everyone from disabled people and children to experienced hikers and poet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.