In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pintura de acción feminine
- On the one hand it reminds you of the idea of action painting but then it's also concentration on the material for itself.
- Contributing to the fiery emotions the artist may have wished to convey in the canvas, this residual evidence of action painting also added a sense of urgency to the entire exhibition.
- The live act contains unusual aspects like action painting, and is demanding, explosive and equally extreme, and the audiences reflect that.
- The circus tent was an Ur-theatre, a space combining collage, action painting, live actors, Expressionism, Surrealism.
- In short, it is the last period in which Americans walked like gods in the old world, spreading the gospel of jazz and action painting and William Faulkner and Humphrey Bogart.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.