In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sedimento activo de las aguas residuales masculine
- Waste water is purified in that an aerated mixture of waste water with activated sludge is degassed before being discharged into the secondary settling basin.
- Enzymatic reduction of Cr by hexavalent Cr-tolerant Pseudomonas ambigua G - 1 isolated from activated sludge has been reported.
- The EPA said activated sludge should not be present in the final effluent and that the quality of the effluent entering the river from the plant was poor.
- It is well documented that, even for a pure domestic waste, an incoming COD: BOD ratio of 2: 1 will increase as treatment progresses and that the corresponding ratio after, say, activated sludge will be in the region of 8: 1.
- The most common is activated sludge, a process in which microbes, also known as biomass, are allowed to feed on organic matter in the wastewater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.