In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He was into the student government and activism, plus he was a prolific dub poet.
- Even more fatal was the revival of radical political activism in the army.
- Nonetheless many of these sites illuminate areas of environmental activism you might not have considered.
- Only in recent months has political activism become vital and fashionable.
- This is a brilliant merging of mainstream film production and political activism.
- Through it all there is a strand of political activism that waxes and wanes, but never disappears.
- There are a host of seniors out there who have been forced into political activism.
- The anti-war protests around the world had a positive impact on pushing out these groups to take part in more activism.
- When does the moral justification for activism no longer outweigh the fact that you're breaking the law?
- Most of the people that I know won't sign up to political activism in order to get better managers.
- They encouraged political activism by organising and advertising demonstrations and protests.
- In recent years, women's activism has impacted on other kinds of international conferences.
- There were some very dramatic phrases that came out of the anti-racist activism of the Communist Party.
- For a party steeped in a history of armed struggle they are none too keen on radical activism.
- Such an approach arguably can make for good social activism, but it begets bad theatre.
- The American tradition of black civil rights activism is now expressed through this movement.
- Anti-war activism by veterans over the years has been largely forgotten or downplayed.
- As is often the norm, university was the beginning of my serious political activism.
- She's hoping that political activism will come out of the living rooms and into the streets.
- Every time there has been an upsurge in student activism this patronising accusation has been made.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.