In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1actor masculineactriz femininehe's a good actor, I couldn't tell he was bored — disimula muy bien, no me di cuenta de que estaba aburrido
- the main actors in the scandal — los principales protagonistas del escándalo
- There was a deeper concern about the rationality, not just of the actors in the process, but of deterrence as a whole.
- It will identify the processes and the key actors and how can they be better understood and planned by city authorities.
- Both approaches allow little room for the role of factors that might be specific to particular actors.
- The expectation is that the action defines what is terrorism rather than the actor.
- As with other systems of human rights, enforcement remains in the domain of political actors.
- The capacity of history to absolve political actors is a cynical and immoral doctrine.
- Consultants and other political actors were increasingly aware of political science research.
- Rugman, Kirton, and Soloway have provided an essential road map to the new avenues of recourse available to economic and social actors in North America.
- The fundamental actors in international politics are rational individuals and private groups.
- Executive decision-makers, both cabinet-level politicians and policy bureaucrats, are the key actors in policy formation.
- It is to their commercial advantage, but more important they are key social actors.
- Interaction: a cyclic process in which two actors alternately listen, think and speak.
- Finally, the case will be argued for always considering the activities of a diverse range of political actors.
- The UN is a pluralistic body with conflicting institutions and actors within it.
- In this sense the ECJ has proved itself to be an autonomous actor in the process of European integration.
- Non-state actors are to be encouraged to participate in the development process.
- As a result we now need to consider the Council Secretariat as much more of an actor in the policy process than hitherto.
- Both actors compete for public support and governance becomes a contested arena.
- As a result, actors in the food system - processors, wholesalers, input dealers, and the like - have had to be creative in order to sustain their growth.
- What they can do is maintain the legal framework within which political actors struggle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.