In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agudeza femininevisual/aural acuity — agudeza visual/auditiva
- In any case, sensitivity and acuity on the part of her editors should have meant the deletion of the worst of the inaccurate and offensive references, or the rejection of the piece as a whole.
- Among the still photographs shown were several that also tested perceptual acuity.
- We must engage visual, hearing and speaking acuity.
- Usually, the lower back is weak and sore, there is ringing in the ears and loss of hearing acuity, the face is ashen or dark, especially under the eyes.
- Tinnitus is a common symptom of noise overexposure, and it further interferes with hearing acuity, sleep and concentration.
- Here though, I'm uncertain whether Boshoff's chosen subject matter is able to carry both his intellectual acuity and visual dexterity.
- New research by psychologists in the United States argues that ordinary social contact is at least as useful as more formal intellectual activities in preserving mental acuity.
- I have a hearing loss that limits my hearing acuity and comprehension to less than 50 per cent.
- His vitality, acuity and integrity remain intact.
- The acuity of hearing and vision may deteriorate.
- The Cardinal has diagnosed our ills with characteristic acuity.
- But what is not as widely known is that diabetes also causes cognitive decline, from a subtle loss of mental acuity to a heightened risk for Alzheimer's disease.
- Columnist for Vanity Fair and for brain-boggling US journal The Nation, Hitchens has a fierce reputation for intellectual and political acuity.
- It begins with observation, with reporting, rendering the facts of our inner and outer reality with acuity sharpened by imagination.
- One of the authors treated an otherwise healthy 30-year old female with poor acuity, impaired night vision, and myopia.
- Although their hearing thus lacks acuity, anatomical studies suggest that their vomeronasal and olfactory systems are well developed.
- Students were chosen on the basis of interest, intellectual acuity, career field, and career patterns.
- Even the most peripheral characters are portrayed with acuity.
- Visual acuity is an important element of good vision, but not the only element.
- Nothing is more important to the development of acuity in visual thought than drawing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.