In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, the role of the brain stem and spinal cord in acupuncture remains unclear.
- She had tried acupuncture and hypnosis for her IBS with very limited and transient success.
- Psychotherapy is another treatment that, like acupuncture, has a non-biomedical theory base.
- The Chinese healing art of acupuncture is one that can be dated back at least two thousand years.
- Eiko then introduced me to acupuncture, which relieved my arthritis.
- He had booked in for a shiatsu massage, which is based on a Japanese therapy closely related to acupuncture.
- Complementary therapies that have a relaxing effect, such as massage and acupuncture, may also be helpful.
- The Cochrane review of 20 trials found no benefit of acupuncture compared with sham acupuncture.
- If an injury does occur, they can receive anything from laser treatment to acupuncture.
- Complementary therapies such as osteopathy and acupuncture are popular.
- We can see how acupuncture, homoeopathy and herbalism might be tested.
- In summary, acupuncture can be a good alternative for the treatment of renal colic.
- Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.
- The clinic also offers acupuncture, carried out by technicians with the minimum training.
- She is now based with her family in Glasgow where she practises acupuncture and writes.
- He developed his own system of Energy Medicine which was initially based on Chinese acupuncture.
- I've tried all sorts of treatment including acupuncture and cortisone injections but nothing seems to work.
- Some people have a fear of needles and imagine that acupuncture is painful.
- In fact, acupuncture is now used very successfully for all types of drug addiction.
- The day will explore a range of disciplines, including acupuncture, reiki and hypnotherapy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.