In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Psychotherapy is another treatment that, like acupuncture, has a non-biomedical theory base.
- However, the role of the brain stem and spinal cord in acupuncture remains unclear.
- The day will explore a range of disciplines, including acupuncture, reiki and hypnotherapy.
- Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.
- We can see how acupuncture, homoeopathy and herbalism might be tested.
- I've tried all sorts of treatment including acupuncture and cortisone injections but nothing seems to work.
- The Cochrane review of 20 trials found no benefit of acupuncture compared with sham acupuncture.
- She had tried acupuncture and hypnosis for her IBS with very limited and transient success.
- Complementary therapies such as osteopathy and acupuncture are popular.
- In summary, acupuncture can be a good alternative for the treatment of renal colic.
- He developed his own system of Energy Medicine which was initially based on Chinese acupuncture.
- Some people have a fear of needles and imagine that acupuncture is painful.
- The clinic also offers acupuncture, carried out by technicians with the minimum training.
- Complementary therapies that have a relaxing effect, such as massage and acupuncture, may also be helpful.
- She is now based with her family in Glasgow where she practises acupuncture and writes.
- In fact, acupuncture is now used very successfully for all types of drug addiction.
- He had booked in for a shiatsu massage, which is based on a Japanese therapy closely related to acupuncture.
- If an injury does occur, they can receive anything from laser treatment to acupuncture.
- The Chinese healing art of acupuncture is one that can be dated back at least two thousand years.
- Eiko then introduced me to acupuncture, which relieved my arthritis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.