In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(plug)masculine enchufe múltiplemasculine ladrónmasculine triple Southern Conemasculine adaptadorAC / mains adapter — transformador
- One of the most common sights in some student accommodation is the use of a Multi-plug adaptor, which supplies electricity to several appliances
- The overloaded adaptor was removed and John was asked to plug the toaster in safely.
- A North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the cause of the blaze was an overloaded electrical socket adapter.
- If you use an adaptor ensure that you dont overload the circuit by using heavy usage appliances together as you risk causing a fire.
- So picture me, kneeling on my bed, trying to jiggle loose this plug, which is plugged into a six-plug adapter.
- Many service providers will provide you with the equipment that you need such as phone adapters and software.
- Anything electrical will require an adaptor plug for use overseas.
- Limitations at the moment include it not supporting PC Card network adapters or USB broadband connections.
- This process uses slide-in connectors to offer the compatibility for the different connections without using adapters, which often take up un-needed room in your case.
- With a boat, however, electricity is routed through a gauntlet of adapters and shore power connections that depend on friction to maintain contact.
- The mobile radio telephone system includes a hand held unit, a cassette adapter, and a coupling unit.
- But Middleton points out that most computers are now shipped with pre-installed Ethernet cards, and many can be connected with a plug-in adapter.
- You need to connect a bluetooth adaptor to your phoneline, however.
- It is an adaptor that converts the analog signal that is generated by your standard phone into a digital signal.
- There's also a connector (and an adapter if you need it) for handling different types of monitors.
- You can buy an inexpensive adaptor for your equipment when you arrive in Hong Kong.
- You'll need a plastic PVC cap for one end of the pipe, and on the other end you'll need an adapter to convert the PVC pipe to a standard pipe thread.
- Unpacking the box you find a plethora of connectors and adapters for what ever might float your boat.
- The power adapter connector is placed rather unusually, along the center of the case, right above the base.
- As mentioned earlier, there are two adapters to convert the DVI connections for standard VGA use.
- Gamers in North America can now battle each other online with the release of adapters to connect the Playstation2 to the internet…
- If you're traveling abroad, make sure you take the correct electrical conversion adapters for your equipment.
- I'd forgotten the plug adaptor for my laptop: a new one arrived at the door within 90 seconds.
- The adapter transfers that piece of data between the two programs, making sure it ends up in the right place.
- In the latter case, there's also an option to run an audio input directly to your intercom, rather than using the adapter for your headset.
(connecting device)adaptador masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.