In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You can even make the case that it is an evolutionary adaptive behaviour.
- The human immune system is a remarkably flexible and adaptive piece of technology.
- These people tend to have adaptive skills and social and environmental resources.
- It also features adaptive headlights that swivel with the direction of travel to illuminate the road ahead.
- The adaptive skills are those daily living skills needed to live, work and play in the community.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.