In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apéndice masculineaddenda and corrigenda — addenda et corrigenda
- This section is little more than an addendum to the rest of the book and would not be missed.
- He welcomes any professional updates or addenda to his primer.
- For the articles that appeared in the earlier edition, addenda include the new data that is available; only a handful of the original articles were rewritten.
- There are concluding addenda, appendices, and a thankfully comprehensive index.
- This addendum accomplishes several rhetorical tasks at once.
- In addition, the paper comes with an on-line addendum of about 100 pages, although this is unfigured and largely concerns the cladistic analysis.
- When I get around to reading the book, perhaps I'll make a small addendum to this review.
- With most products, the crucial information on commission, which the IFA is required to reveal, comes as an addendum at the end of a 12-page document.
- These texts, along with genealogical charts, photographs of manuscript leaves, and other useful addenda add to the overall scholarly nature of the collection.
- If I source one in the future, I will publish an addendum to this review.
- He tackles his subject in six chapters supplemented by addenda from other scholars.
- The cover has changed, the map of Egypt is missing, and additions and corrections have been placed as an addendum on page 205 instead of directly in the text.
- Many of these excerpts have not previously been published, and they include a major addition to his literary corpus - a 52-page manuscript addendum to Nabokov's most important Russian novel, The Gift.
- For those of you who haven't read the Act itself, the document is a fragmented mess of addenda, revisions, and additions to the U.S. Civil Code.
- Just a few months before his death on 29 June 1988, he wrote an addendum to his early essay ‘Two Theological Languages,’ which was being republished.
- At the end of the column, an addendum will list several royal recipes for you to try.
- But he added after pressure from Mr Gray: ‘We will be publishing those figures as a addendum by the end of March.’
- Ashley emailed me this morning with a list of errata and addenda.
- It had an addendum page printed in blue, with some late-breaking news.
- Would it help matters if I published your addendum?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.