In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tape/labels) adhesivoadhesive plaster — esparadrapo masculine
- One color can simply be left plain, while the other can be distinguished with a simple piece of tape or adhesive dot.
- The electrodes should be attached to the skin by double-sided adhesive collars.
- This problem is avoided if adhesive electrodes are used.
- This dressing is sealed with transparent adhesive drape.
- There will be a lucky dip, incorporating the elusive Penny Black, the world's first adhesive postage stamp.
- The serial numbers are printed on adhesive strips, so I put the strip on the case.
- The stitches above and below each eye were covered by sterilised adhesive strips, with gauze dressings hiding everything from view.
- The owner places adhesive labels or tags on each item he or she cannot afford to lose.
- Many other gastropods use mucus to attach to the substratum with varying degrees of adhesive strength.
- Members of the Siganidae family first produce small adhesive egg sacs, which then become larvae.
- He also has a piece of adhesive gum with drawing pins sunk in it which, when combined with a thick rubber band, makes a horrifying catapult.
- His own name and address were present, printed on a generic adhesive label.
- Insect adhesive organs are either smooth and deformable cuticle pads or fields of adhesive setae.
- Is that a more courteous and smooth version of adhesive label?
- Now the average consumer can forget about toying with adhesive labels and just print right to the disc.
- Britain's first adhesive postage stamp, the Penny Black, had been launched just seven months earlier.
- The operator has only to recognise that cardiac arrest may have occurred and attach two adhesive electrodes to the patient's chest.
- In addition to the mousepad itself, they also give you two strips of Teflon with adhesive backing known as Padsurfers.
- Cut two squares, a half-inch wider and taller than the opening, from clear adhesive paper.
1adhesivo masculinepegamento masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.