- The case was adjourned until yesterday after the jury was dismissed for legal reasons part-way through.
- The case was adjourned for a short break when the court heard that both defendants were feeling unwell.
- His case was adjourned for psychiatric reports until March 24th.
- The case was adjourned until December 7 for reports.
- The defence asked for time to obtain expert opinion from a US legal expert and the case was adjourned until Tuesday 18 October.
- He did not enter a plea and his case was adjourned until July 3.
- He said he would refer the issue to the Attorney General for legal advice and adjourn the case until January 31, 2002.
- Her case is adjourned until July 5 and she is free on bail.
- So, after two days of legal argument, the case was adjourned until Monday 10th May.
- The pair did not enter a plea and the case was adjourned until Monday November 29 when it is due to be heard before Tanzania's High Court.
- The bench called for pre-sentence reports and adjourned the case until September 16, granting conditional bail.
- His case was adjourned until today for a probation report.
- The case was adjourned until June 18 for reports to be prepared.
- The magistrates adjourned the case until September 10 for reports.
- The father-of-two appeared in court last month, but the case was adjourned until yesterday for reports.
- She appeared at Richmond Court in custody and was refused bail after her case was adjourned until April 24th for reports.
- Magistrates have adjourned the case until 22nd February.
- Magistrates adjourned the case until next month for the probation service to prepare social reports and said they were considering a community penalty.
- Magistrates adjourned the case until March 12 th for pre-sentence reports, and warned the teenager that he could face prison.
- The case was adjourned until March 15 for pre-sentence reports.
1(stop)the meeting adjourned — se levantó la sesión
- the court adjourned for lunch — el tribunal levantó la sesión para ir a comer
2formal, humorous(go)pasarlet's adjourn to the garden — pasemos al jardín
- After the two minutes silence we adjourned to Wetherspoon's for a coffee before the parade left for the parish church.
- Afterwards all adjourned to the club house for a meal.
- An inquest has also been opened into Mr Lewis's death and adjourned to a later date.
- Later, the teams and guests adjourned to the specially erected marquee for a meal, refreshments and an enjoyable social evening.
- After inspection the group adjourned to Corpus Christy Communal Centre where tea was served and the signing took place.
- After Mass all adjourned to Frank's Place where a Four Course Meal was served by Killasser Community Care Group members.
- At the end of the concert, they adjourned to the bar.
- Villagers flocked to St Andrew's Church to hear Mr Bambury deliver a sermon from the pulpit, then adjourned to the pub opposite to see Rev Knight run the bar.
- After that, we adjourned to the drawing room where Carlo served us a pot of my finest Assam and some cucumber sandwiches.
- After the play, my friends and I adjourned to Newton for dinner, after which I had to leave early to meet up with new friends.
- After dinner, the boys adjourned to the living room for a movie.
- Later, many adjourned to the Western Hotel for a night of music and song.
- After a walk round the extensive gardens and lake, the group adjourned to Lullingstone for lunch.
- Following Mass the group adjourned to Gavin's Golden Hill House where a delicious luncheon awaited everyone.
- Everybody then adjourned to the 19th hole to talk over the competition, and all agreed it was a fine idea and it would improve their short game.
- My mom and I completed the tour of the backyard, and happily adjourned to the front yard.
- To finish the night off many adjourned to the Dungeon Bar in the basement of the castle for more musical entertainment until the early hours of the morning.
- At around 2: 15 we all adjourned to the dining room for Christmas dinner.
- Following a quick stop in the local café to greet many parishioners, I adjourned to the quiet of my pastoral study.
- An inquest was opened and adjourned to a date to be fixed at Barrow Town Hall on Monday.