- He said: ‘Well-prepared cases are less likely to be derailed or the subject of constant adjournments.’
- The case came up for hearing last Tuesday after three adjournments.
- In deference to the demand of the Opposition Leader, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day after two earlier adjournments in the pre-lunch session.
- Ordinarily, no adjournments are granted and there is provision for serving of notices by courier, fax, speed-post, etc.
- The location and length of the trial, the unpredictability of witness appearances and the adjournments all militate against full and even reportage.