In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1último debate del día o debate anterior a los recesos de Navidad y Pascua en el Parlamento británico
- He also advised Mr Holmes to seek an adjournment debate on the matter so that specific circumstances could be discussed concerning a particular company.
- Limerick West Fianna Fáil TD John Cregan, who raised the issue in a Dáil adjournment debate, said the area has taken a proverbial hammering regarding jobs.
- Mr Martlew said he wished to flag up problems in the zero star-rated social services during the adjournment debate.
- Mr Grogan, who understands the costs are about £2 million higher than had been budgeted for by the agency, is also planning to seek an adjournment debate in the House of Commons on the issue.
- The Lib Dem MP for Richmond Park posed questions in an adjournment debate at Westminster on behalf of residents who will suffer from the scheme.
- Mr Grogan said that he had applied for an adjournment debate in Parliament about subsidence.
- Recently, I had an adjournment debate in the House of Commons on home education, having met some home educators in the constituency.
- Government Ministers have now promised to investigate following a recent adjournment debate on the matter.
- Jenny Tonge, MP for Richmond Park, called for full consultation, while Twickenham MP Vincent Cable secured an adjournment debate in the House of Commons this week on Crossrail.
- Orkney MP Alistair Carmichel has secured an adjournment debate at the House of Commons next week, regarding the closure of the Northern Lighthouse Board depot in Stromness.
- After a long and drawn out statement on the matter the Minister ran out of time and the issue was raised again during the adjournment debate.
- Meanwhile, Anne McIntosh, Tory MP for the Vale of York, has secured an adjournment debate at the House of Commons in the New Year to discuss the effects of building a park-and-ride scheme near flood plains.
- The result adds to the pressure on government ministers following the House of Commons council housing group's report and an adjournment debate in parliament.
- Those members will have an opportunity this evening in the adjournment debate to debate this matter if they want to.
- A number of northern MPs have indicated they will call for an adjournment debate in the next parliament if the company is given the franchise.
- Pensions minister Ian McCartney was quizzed about what action the government intended to take to regulate pension funds solvency in Parliament during an adjournment debate.
- The news has also been welcomed by Sheffield MP Meg Munn, who earlier this year raised the issue through an adjournment debate in the House of Commons.
- The matter was raised during the adjournment debate following the announcement by the company, that the Tallow cigar plant is to cease production.
- It announced that our MP, the redoubtable Oona King, had managed to procure an adjournment debate in the House of Commons.
- The claimant's witness statement emphasises the degree of public concern about the case and refers to the adjournment debate in the House of Commons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.