In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in industrial dispute) árbitro masculine(in industrial dispute) árbitra feminine(in competition) juez masculine
- The service now has 63 assessors, seven adjudicators and about 20 mediators.
- It would be wonderful to see the town enter the competition if only to see what the outside adjudicators and judges think of our town.
- Nicola goes before the adjudicators on Wednesday evening and must wait like so many others until Thursday evening before she gets the result.
- Judged on taste, texture and presentation, the adjudicators deemed the entry by Iris to be the best.
- Conversations this past week suggest everyone but the seven-member panel of official adjudicators has already selected a winner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.