In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1feminine administraciónfeminine direcciónmasculine gobiernofeminine administración
- John is a Canberra-based commentator on Australian Government, the parliament and public administration.
- We can only hope he succeeds in bringing reform and efficiency to the entire public administration.
- The trade union leaders boast of their ‘long record of effective administration and organisation’.
- A medical doctor was recently given an award for his achievement in developing a modern approach to public administration.
- He promised to make the public administration, the civil service here, run more smoothly, and simplify it.
- The importance placed by the public on administration and governance can also be seen in Donald Tsang's very high public poll numbers.
- We realise the government will face significant challenges in public administration.
- Another role of Mercosur is to help member countries to overcome their internal problems such as those linked with public administration and the control of inflation.
- In order to cut costs, city hall administration said large businesses and government departments need to reduce the amount of garbage they produce.
- His leadership combined military operations, government administration, and economic management.
- However, it is not permissible for such private organizations to spend the zakat money to cover their administration costs.
- The most probable field will be that of public administration, healthcare management and NGO management.
- And contracting out sits well with the current fashion in public administration for smaller government.
- The annual competition is organised by the city administration and aimed at improving skills and boosting the profile of sports among the city's youth.
- The Pattaya Bicycle for Health Club and the city administration are organizing a bicycle rally to support the campaign to quit smoking.
- The ombudsman must maintain tight contacts with the public administration as well.
- The primary care organisations are required to deliver a 15 percent cut in administration costs almost immediately.
- As an article of faith, new public management urges that public administration be animated by clearly defined organizational objectives.
- In the offices, there was an explanation of the computerised administration processes, grave search and interview room facilities.
- The states are also bound by constitutional principles governing public administration.
- Arts and social science programmes replaced courses in business and administration as the first choice for most degree applicants this year.
- One chapter describes the documentation process of medication administration and teaching.
- This individual has a bachelor of arts degree in economics and a master of business administration degree.
- The group plunged into the red for the first time in its history with a net loss of £1.7m and said it was selling its private client and fund administration businesses.
- The underwater cleanup was the second combined effort of its kind organized by the city administration, the local community and the private sector.
- There will always be larger organisations, with their overwhelming administration and cost base, vying for our business.
- She was employed to haul the public administration into the 21st century.
- There are other aspects of the fuel administration and handling process which the new administration could look into.
- Among other things, we will challenge the primary focus of much of the study of administrative ethics in public administration.
- When I studied public administration in the early 1980s, we used to worry a lot about politicisation.
- This reduces cost and administration over-head for organisations desperate to cut costs.
- She holds a master's in business administration from the Wharton School.
- They bog down in the day-to-day administration of a small business and bemoan the lack of time to draw.
- The second area would include judicial reform and reform in public administration.
- The law on public administration punishes civil servants who fail to show their loyalty to the government through dismissal.
- The awards were in courses such as business administration, information processing, performing arts and art, craft and design.
- In the Northern Territory the Federal government confined its agricultural activities mainly to administration and experiment.
- We are driven back to the point, I think, as we so often are in public administration, that the answer lies as much in the wise exercise of discretion.
- I know what an outstanding contribution to public administration might look like.
- As they have done each and every year, Pattaya's city administration and private sector organized a festival for the auspicious occasion.
1.2(of estate, fund)administración feminine
- Angry creditors have been left owed thousands of pounds after a Yorkshire estate agent went into administration, it emerged yesterday.
- An obvious example would be, he submits, if the Company went into administration for the purposes of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- It went into administration in May last year and was liquidated in January, with debts thought to be around £70m.
- Shortly thereafter it went into insolvency administration.
- The club went into administration and was rescued by a supporters' consortium which scraped together £210,000 to keep it afloat.
2.1(managing body)administración femininehe complained to (the) administration — se quejó a la administración
- But he is responsible for the administration's actions since then.
- A spokesman for the university said that the administration was very ‘ticked off’ about the affair.
- Encouraged by the response, the administration opened a mini museum in Mysore.
- It is the responsibility of the administration to take steps to ensure that no one on this campus ever experiences anything resembling what happened that day.
- The good news is that the administration now realizes this.
- In response, the university administration was largely silent.
- Claiming that politics had no place in the university, the administration denied space to the event.
- While, the administration is not responding to the article, but they tell us, trust us, we follow the law.
- According to H. Dapet, the administration agreed to fulfill their demands at the meeting.
- I think he attributes too little power, and thus too little responsibility, to the administration.
- Were these trends inevitable, or should the current administration be held responsible?
- As for me, I'm inclined toward diversifying methods to force the administration to meet our demands.
- The operators later changed their minds after the administration rejected their demand for the subsidy.
- Does it warrant a staff letter requesting the administration's response to the complaint?
- Officials with the administration said the person responsible for the overloading would be severely punished.
- His aim is to present the administration as a responsible international player, concerned not to be the engine of proliferation.
- What is responsible is for the administration to do this properly now.
- Thus, it is uncontested that the administration is wholly responsible for the imposition of the new steel tariffs.
- Ostensibly, the administration is responsive to the people.
- The farmers hold the administration responsible for the mess.
2.2Politicsgobierno masculineadministración feminine(spokesman/official) gubernamental(spokesman/official) del gobierno(spokesman/official) de la administración
- The solution, as perceived by successive US administrations, is not to retreat from trade liberalization but to incorporate a wider range of nations within the fold.
- Dennis Ross has been an envoy for successive United States administrations and author most recently of ‘The Missing Piece.’
- So, David, what did you think the big legacy in international affairs from the administration was?
- Workers have not been paid their salaries for up to 45 months, as successive administrations have left them without pay.
- But changing such a situation is, realistically, beyond the power of a single administration.
- Next, the transfer of power between administrations should be done on a collective and interactive basis.
- Something of a maverick figure, he has a long record of raising awkward questions for successive British administrations.
- The four refineries have been run down under successive administrations and nearly all of the oil is now exported and refined elsewhere.
- For many types of legislation the primary implementers are the governments and administrations of the member states.
- Successive governments and Paris municipal administrations have allowed the situation to worsen.
- The administration is hoping for public input with a cut off date for comment of March 25.
- However, I think that the administration adequately warned the public of the uncertainties of this action.
- The administration blocked the public release of the full version of the report for more than five months.
- A succession of administrations, both Republican and Democratic, had tacitly endorsed this view.
- But even out of government, successive administrations in Nigeria sought his advice.
- The administration largely avoided public accountability for its actions by burying the story.
- However, the government has been reluctant to transfer its power to local administrations.
- Successive administrations have proven adept at devising strategies for isolating offending regimes.
- It will continue regardless of whether we have Republican or Democratic administrations in power.
- During the Cold War, successive administrations pursued a policy of ‘containment’ against the Soviet Union.
3feminine administraciónmasculine suministrothe administration of the oath — la toma del juramento
- The administration of justice has to be in a safe environment for everyone's sake, including the accused.
- Double-blind evaluations of oral administration of Salvia seem warranted.
- Participants stopped taking warfarin for at least one day and received vitamin K by oral or subcutaneous administration.
- Don't assume capsules are only intended for oral administration.
- Common routes of administration include oral, intranasal, and intravenous.
- Besides oral administration, herbs and flowers were frequently recommended for use in baths.
- He says it is a well-established norm that conciliation is part of administration of justice.
- The administration of justice is being dragged into disrepute.
- Oral administration is preferred, and doses should be given at regular intervals around the clock to provide good pain control.
- The preference is for oral or intravenous administration in lieu of intramuscular medications.
- If we can't stop crime, at least we can do is aim for the effective administration of justice.
- The claim that bromelain cannot be effective after oral administration is definitely refuted at this time.
- The drug reaches a peak plasma concentration three hours after oral administration, with steady state concentration reached within eight days.
- The drug is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and metabolized extensively in the liver.
- A much better deterrent than flogging would be an efficient police service, coupled with the speedy administration of justice.
- The administration of justice, it is said, is the strongest pillar of government.
- Oral administration of karela juice has shown to improve blood sugar levels.
- But the family, he added, understands ‘that the fair administration of justice takes time.’
- Because many of these drugs are well absorbed after oral administration, they are clinically useful in the outpatient setting.
- An attempt has been made to observe such alterations by using oral administration of another carcinogen to the same strain.
4(in insolvency law)intervención feminineAcmeco is in administration — Acmeco ha sido intervenida
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.