- She admits she was never interested in finding out more about her father until her adoptive father died last year, aged 95.
- She raised me for my first three years on her own after which she got married and I've known and loved that man as my father ever since, but have always known that he was my adoptive father.
- Now many of those couples are helping their adoptive children uncover their cultural roots.
- His adoptive mother says the 12-year-old charms everyone he meets - although he often tries their patience with his enormous energy.
- Obviously it is easier on the child and adoptive parents if the child is adopted at an early age.
- My adoptive mother gave me a copy of his obituary and three pictures of my father and told me the story.
- Like so many adoptive children he is caught up in a compulsive search to discover the truth about his real parentage.
- One of the questions I'm often asked as an adoptive mom is whether I'll "let" Alex find her biological family - almost as if I'd have a choice if she wanted to do so.
- An adoption order transfers the child's legal relationship from the original family to the new adoptive family.
- The son of a German artisan, he was probably born in Venice, and apprenticed to his adoptive father Giulio.
- We spent most of the session talking about her relationship with her adoptive father, Eric.