In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(like, enjoy)I adore figs — me encantan / me enloquecen los higos
- he adores being flattered — le encanta que lo adulen
- I adored her last film — su última película me pareció sensacional / me encantó
2(love)(son/wife) adorarthey adore each other — se adoran
- We love and adore Elizabeth, and she's doing very well right now.
- While the people who saw him when he was first born adored him, their love for him has become so much greater now that he's developed his own personality.
- In the US, there's a lot of people who love and adore her, but equally there are probably those that don't like her.
- In this way Father Frost became a dearly loved and adored character among Bulgarian children.
- Sully could see that the soul and heart and person behind those eyes loved him, adored him…
- It seemed that at Queensmead he was adored and loved where ever he went, and by many different year groups, not just our own.
- Jeremy adores him and Brian loves spending time with him.
- He has no enemies, everyone loves him, adores him.
- ‘They want something to love and babies adore you,’ she said.
- He loves and adores you and you love him in return.
- He adores you, loves you more than anyone, anything.
- Act one centers on six year old Zac, a quiet, loving boy who adores his parents and fights with his brothers.
- I asked her if you loved - adored me, but she could not say.
- She was very close to Lillie and spoke of her aunt warmly as a patient and loving person who adored her and her brothers.
- He loved people, adored our friends and was the life of any party we had at home.
- Not that she minded very much; Kimmy was her daughter too and she loved and adored her.
- George adores Tom and is deeply saddened and angered when his father sells him.
- Mam loved people, adored God and family and always wanted the other person, whether family or friend to have half of whatever she had.
- My mother adored me, and of course my father loved me as well.
- I loved her, adored her and what she represented.
3adoring pres p(gaze) lleno de adoración(parents) amantísimo
- The Word for me is a living Word, it is adored as the key to the journey of spirituality, the experience of being alive in Christ is coming through a testimony of the Word.
- Worship and adore the Guru, the Perfect True Guru, and all your sinful residues shall be dispelled.
- Apart from the Vaishnavas' Vishnu, Shaivites Shiva and Shakta's Devi there are three more godheads that are adored.
- In the beginning of that book he has offered his obeisances to his different gurus, and it is to be noted that he has adored them all equally.
- For me, it's the chance to worship Mary and adore her as the Creator of Almighty God that is so appealing.
- In worship we adore the Triune God of creation and redemption and He gives Himself in the fullness of grace to His people.
- So many Christian visions of heaven, in art and literature, portray angels and saints doing nothing but adoring and praising God's name.
- Now, having inspired the entire neighborhood to renovate Her shrine, Mariamman has settled into a peaceful and much adored life.
- We do better to adore the mysteries of Deity than to investigate them.
- For your resurrection that sets us free, I worship and adore you.
- The prize was some small comprehension of the worship of a people, unique because the God it adored and glorified was unique.
- It's still not idolatry, of course, because the Eucharist is Jesus Christ and he deserves to be worshiped and adored.
- Most Hindus revere and adore the many manifestations of the Divine as Siva, Vishnu, Rama, Krishna or Durga even as they focus on an ishta devata, a favorite Deity.
- Being omnipresent, you are constantly watched by those who adore you, worship you and serve you.
- Go to Christ's cross, and trust in him; then, and not till then, will you be capable of adoring the most High God in a style in which he can accept your worship.
- Along with the Vedas, Upanishads, and the Brahma Sutras, the Gita is adored as the most important scripture of ancient India.
- This is why many of us when we come to India, have difficulty with the way Hindus adore Gods in the forms of statues.
- If it is to fasten attention on God and to adore and praise Him and have communion with Him, it is obvious the worship must be God-centered.
- ‘Spirit’ refers to the motive and driving energy which inspires and compels people to adore deity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.