In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suprarrenaladrenal gland — glándula suprarrenal feminine
- The nodules did not invade the adrenal capsule or adrenal medulla.
- In nonpregnant women, the main sites of progesterone biosynthesis are the ovaries and the adrenal cortices.
- A hormone secreted by the adrenal gland that raises blood pressure by constricting arteries and increasing heart rate.
- Due to the proximity of and propensity for renal cell carcinoma to spread to the adrenal cortex, this possibility should be excluded.
- The pituitary, in turn, tells the fetal adrenal gland to secrete more cortisol.
- One, a 20 year old female, had deposits in the brain, liver, lung, bone marrow, adrenal glands, and ovaries.
- The ultrasound was normal, but an undifferentiated mass in the region of the right adrenal gland was detected.
- Computed tomography of her abdomen showed normal adrenal glands.
- The activity level of the major organs increases, and hormones are secreted through the adrenal gland and nervous system.
- The adrenal glands are situated on the superior portion of each kidney.
- Epinephrine is produced and released from the adrenal medulla in the kidney (ie, endogenous).
- There remains only a limited source of female sex hormones after the menopause, by conversion of androgens secreted by the adrenal cortex.
- Cortisone is one of several steroid hormones secreted by the cortex (outer covering) of the adrenal gland.
- Incidental renal or adrenal masses are sometimes found during imaging for problems unrelated to the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Other reported sites, in order of prevalence, include the bones, brain, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
- The pituitary gland is the ‘master’ gland, controlling the adrenal cortex and the thyroid.
- Certain problems with your kidneys, adrenal glands or even a complicated pregnancy can cause high blood pressure.
- Prolonged adrenal suppression results in atrophy of the adrenal cortex.
- The kidney and adrenal gland were grossly unremarkable.
- Aldosterone, a steroid hormone produced in the outer layer of the adrenal cortex, promotes renal sodium retention and potassium loss.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.