In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adrenalina femininemy adrenaline began to rise — me empezó a subir la adrenalina
- When you get angry your heart rate and blood pressure go up and you receive a surge of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
- It is known that adrenalin is the hormone that frees fatty acids of the adipose tissues.
- Physical activity cuts adrenaline and produces hormones to improve your mood.
- Vitamin C in the beans is crucial for a strong immune system and production of the stress hormone adrenalin.
- The familiar rush of adrenalin filled Matt's body and he took a deep breath.
- Chemicals such as adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol are pumped into the bloodstream.
- Breathing becomes faster, blood pressure rises and adrenalin is released.
- The rush of adrenaline to the brain causes the flow of blood to the skin and the internal organs to slow.
- It hardly stirs the blood into a frenzy of adrenalin and expectation.
- This prolonged increase in adrenaline can have negative health effects on the body.
- I felt a huge rush of adrenaline and for the first time knew I was winning.
- She said stressful moments were products of adrenaline and cortisone in the body.
- A doctor came into the room and adrenalin flooded her system, and her heart rate went up.
- The crew arrived several minutes later and I was able to get drugs into him, including adrenaline.
- This is due to the liberation of the hormone adrenaline at these times.
- The adrenaline of the initial shock had worn off a bit, and I was able to take in the enormity of the event.
- Charged with adrenaline, I took several deep breaths and dived into the sump.
- The adrenalin and lactic acid had dulled the senses and for a moment she'd forgotten who she was and what was happening.
- The adrenaline was circulating, surging and pumping in the heat of the moment.
- The reason for that is that adrenalin will smooth or relax the muscles in the lungs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.