In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Few bands, if any at all, can challenge their adroitness on stage as they are simply magical.
- Mental ability tests do not measure personality, social adroitness, leadership, charisma, cool-headedness, altruism, or many other things that we value.
- Clarendon admired his dexterity and adroitness.
- The adroitness and patience of a long line of monarchs and royal ministers, who moved gradually but steadily to centralize both authority and power in their own hands, were crowned with unimaginable success.
- They focused on three different social skills: social anxiety, social adroitness, and self-monitoring.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.