In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its realistic portrayal of an adulterous affair was also very daring for the time.
- His tie to her will last longer than most adulterous liaisons.
- Their adulterous love affair was discovered by the woman's husband.
- From two monologues we hear many voices describing the lovers' adulterous affair and their plan to kill Kesa's husband.
- They reasoned that after an adulterous three-year affair he was simply trying to do the right thing.
- Kerry Fox and Mark Rylance star as a couple whose wordless, adulterous affair descends into paranoia and self-destruction.
- And at the heart of the book lies one of the most marvellous depictions of an adulterous affair in fiction.
- Well, I mean, it's very rare you see the defense bringing in adulterous affairs on the part of their client!
- He was the result of an adulterous wartime affair.
- Perhaps he feared that John might have forced him to give up his adulterous affair with his brother's wife Herodias?
- Assume this to be a joke, an illness or a cover for an adulterous affair.
- The veneer of middle-class respectability is laid bare for the cheating, backstabbing and adulterous world it really is in Leslie Darbon's play.
- It was still an adulterous affair, but the time-travel device distanced the audience from the fact.
- Given the nature of the protagonists, it was hard to believe the tales of a torrid, adulterous affair were true.
- And for a man who for so long struggled to find fulfilment in love - even in an adulterous affair - the loss of the illusion might be hard to bear.
- One of the factors that intensifies the excitement and tension of an adulterous affair is the danger of being caught.
- The opera deals with a Protestant minister who publicly forgives his wife after discovering she has had an adulterous affair in his absence.
- An important point under Scots law is that an adulterous spouse cannot raise a divorce action, and it may not be in the best interests of the aggrieved spouse to do so.
- It turns out that Hermanus is an adulterous hotbed of extramarital affairs.
- In his short fiction Man-Eating Cats, he describes an adulterous affair not in terms of mere love but as total and complete empathy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.