In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adulterio masculineto commit adultery — cometer adulterio
- Does this mean that a story about a female adulterer is noteworthy because male adultery is commonplace?
- He looks at his wife and his friend who he had so wrongfully accused of adultery 16 years ago.
- Recent storylines have even been promoting adultery and sexual activities.
- Remarriage as adultery: Paul regarded it as adultery for a divorced person to remarry if the spouse was still alive.
- Within three years he had tired of Anne Boleyn and she was beheaded in 1536, accused of treason and adultery.
- The marriage has to be consummated before an extramarital affair becomes adultery.
- It is not enough not to commit adultery; lustful thoughts must be set aside too.
- Am I to gather from this that adultery and unfaithfulness are being condoned?
- At the end of April 1536, Anne was accused of adultery with several men and incest with her brother George.
- There are a lot of married men who are committing adultery in every new town they are moved to.
- I didn't think that adultery was considered a crime, not by common law.
- Among the seventeen great sins, unbelief is the greatest, more heinous than murder, theft, adultery and so on.
- Hence, adultery was thought of as sinful for women since it was a violation of the man's property etc.
- You could hook up with someone else, but that would be adultery and adultery is wrong.
- However, it has been held that the petitioner need not find it intolerable to live with the respondent because of his adultery.
- She had left him during the period they held the licence, because of his adultery, but had returned to him.
- Husbands and others frequently bring charges of adultery against such wives.
- That is why we have laws against assault, but we do not have laws against adultery or premarital sex.
- The moral code of the laity rigorously condemns adultery on the part of a woman.
- If married, the charge was not rape but adultery, and the case was heard in another court.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.