In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in complexity)(technology/civilization) avanzado(course/studies) avanzado(studies/course) superior(student) avanzado(student) adelantado
- After that, it is time for the advanced learners to progress to swimming laps around the pool.
- The committee are at an advanced stage of purchase of four acres to develop this project.
- Neither the doctor nor the family can be blamed because the management of patients with an advanced stage of a disease is not yet developed in our country.
- Our society has reached its advanced stage of civilisation by developing within a framework of rules, regulations and standards, manifested most obviously in the rule of law.
- You say you have progressed to the advanced stage of bodybuilding.
- The company says talks on its new development at an advanced stage
- The hospice has provided care to patients with advanced and progressive life threatening diseases along with support for their relatives and carers since the early 1980s.
- The new Deel Rovers Community Sports Centre is in an advanced stage of its completion.
- Sources close to the development said the process is currently in advanced stages of talk and is expected to be finalised very soon.
- Westerhof, who will manage the development said plans are at an advanced stage.
- After some months, attention switched to the National Development Plan which was then at an advanced stage of preparation.
- The move to Vincent Park was at an advanced stage and we went ahead, hoping that the licence would be a formality.
- The only conclusion is that the ring road is not at an advanced stage where land must be kept free of development.
- A number of wind projects are at an advanced stage of development while biomass projects are also being progressed.
- With the construction of the biggest mall in Soweto already at an advanced stage, developers have revealed the mall's branding and corporate identity.
- A number of new varieties are at an advanced stage of development and are expected to be launched over the coming years.
- A specialised machine that uses the latest in optical and high speed sensor technology to search for skeleton weed is in the advanced stages of development.
- Many are already on the starting blocks, either in an advanced stage of research and development, or with their first commercial power stations already under construction.
- Harry Kehoe, said a number of new varieties, for the seed export trade and the home market, are now at an advanced stage of development at Oak Park.
- The poor survival and high mortality rates are due to presentation in advanced stages, recurrence of the primary and development of second primary tumors.
3(in time)(age/stage) avanzadoto be advanced in years — ser entrado en años
- the project isn't very far advanced — el proyecto no está muy adelantado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.