In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aventurismo masculineaventurerismo masculine Latin America
- Instead, many countries have seen both opportunity and resources squandered on political adventurism, civil wars, misguided macroeconomic policies, and greed.
- Without doubt, his political adventurism had engaged the media.
- This is one good reason why nations should think twice before they try to justify their foreign adventurism as acts of ‘liberation.’
- We must concentrate on creating conditions to restrain militarism and military adventurism in the world.
- Do you want to be safe in your own country or do you want to waste precious lives and resources on military adventurism?
- His departure has been welcomed by those investors both big and small who hope it'll bring an end to the company's corporate adventurism.
- Presidential adventurism will be at a minimum.
- His adventurism threatens to de-stabilize the entire region.
- To make such a claim is nothing but reckless adventurism.
- Its reckless adventurism could have resulted in a nuclear conflagration.
- Only in this manner can we hope to reduce the risks of adventurism and miscalculation in a world that retains many thousands of nuclear weapons.
- There is widespread public concern about scientific adventurism with the human genome (the supposed code of life).
- Because he believes modern-day adventurism of this sort cannot work and is unnecessary.
- This sort of reckless intellectual adventurism is not surprising, coming as it does from someone who affected surprise that rising petrol prices have an effect on the economy.
- Rudyard Kipling coined the term, The Great Game, to describe one hundred and fifty years of intrigue, military adventurism, and espionage.
- These awkward facts, combined with a formidable military capability, go a long way towards explaining the current colonialist adventurism.
- The country is drifting dangerously towards aggressive military adventurism and the establishment of a repressive national-security state.
- However, the ‘unofficial’ ideological shift to glorifying military adventurism is very interesting.
- They were successfully kept under the thumb, insofar as any lingering attraction to foreign adventurism was concerned.
- All of this adds to the danger of an uncontrolled slide into political adventurism, military provocation and war between the two nuclear-armed powers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.