In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(film/design) atrevido(film/design) audaz(architect/composer) audaz(composer/architect) innovador(menu) diferente(menu) innovadorhe's not very adventurous with food — no le gusta experimentar con / probar platos nuevos
- be adventurous and try the local cuisine — aventúrese y pruebe los platos típicos del lugar
- At a mere 37 miles from top to toe, it makes an ideal destination for the moderately adventurous traveller.
- Hostelling International Canada has launched a new and improved membership product for adventurous travellers on a budget.
- But its recovery is near completion and the enlightened and adventurous regeneration is attracting record numbers of visitors.
- After John's death in 1638, his son John took over the collection, proving an even more adventurous traveller than his father.
- The experimental branch is where adventurous new features are made available in a somewhat official location.
- Stirling is a lively and adventurous arts and cultural centre which stages a rich programme of events.
- The film may not be stylistically adventurous, with long scenes and conventional editing, but the content bites.
- In the same vein as the successful restaurants gaining acclaim in Fossgate and Walmgate, it offers adventurous meals which sound mouth-watering.
- A stylish bar/restaurant where the mood is casual sophistication and the drinks and food are modern and adventurous.
- For the adventurous traveller, there is no end to the things that he/she can do in the land of sun-kissed beaches and idyllic backwaters.
- I tried to convince myself to be spontaneous and adventurous and brave.
- It was both stylistically adventurous and powerfully moving.
- In the following year he is said to have been a pupil of Frans Hals in Haarlem, for which there is no further evidence other than an adventurous and lively technique.
- My friends managed it - suddenly they stopped eating takeaway chips and began to experiment with ever more adventurous pasta sauces.
- When she began work as a journalist, she said, she was always adventurous and very brave.
- If anything, his work is getting less interesting and adventurous, reworking old ideas for a speculative market.
- You now feel a little more adventurous and are willing to take on a little more risk.
- Jo is also one of those adventurous travelers that not only wants to explore a new city, she wants to taste it, too.
- Good travellers are usually adventurous when it comes to food.
- There are many treasures from ages past just waiting for a brave and adventurous soul such as you to come and claim them.
- On the other hand, that would still leave nearly two hours of vital, adventurous music.
- For the adventurous urbanite, how about experiencing a taste of farm life by visiting a working farm or ranch?
- You are ready for fresh personal experiences and adventurous work projects.
- The more adventurous travelers hike their way into the Inca sanctuary, situated high on a mountain peak in the cloudy forest.
- While the dynamics of the market are currently pioneering and adventurous, these costs will only grow as the infrastructure enlarges.
- Despite an adventurous menu and attractive decor, the place was never busy on a clear, bright summer's Friday night.
- This is not a rant against modern or adventurous architecture.
- We are reminded that boys are conditioned from an early age to be adventurous and take risks, while girls are taught to be cautious and not stray too far.
- If you feel adventurous, like new experiences, and have a fairly grounded personality, go for it.
- There must be some brave and adventurous types at Bloomsbury.
- Our outings attract like-minded, adventurous travelers with cooperative spirits.
- Four years in the making, his new album was a much more adventurous and imaginative record.
- However, the more you play there the more confident and adventurous you become.
- The influence of sociology also encouraged experimentation with a variety of more adventurous and imaginative research methods and new sources of data.
- I miss feeling adventurous and having fun ideas that I want to try out with someone special.
- I don't have to experiment or be adventurous and choose something different every time I eat in an Indian restaurant.
- Parliament planners have, however, ruled out some of the more adventurous advances in toilet technology which are now available.
- The restaurant was pleasantly full: and the menu nothing if not adventurous.
- Residents of the former East Germany are making up for the years of enforced immobility by becoming the world's most adventurous travellers.
- His work has been lauded as innovative and adventurous, not restricted by the limitations of adopting a particular style.
2(traveler) intrépido(trip) lleno de aventuras(spirit/person) aventurero
- Brendan the Navigator had popped in on his adventurous travels.
- She considers her time in Bulgaria to have been an adventurous experience.
- Kathryn had many mind-opening and adventurous experiences on her travels.
- Explain that if you release it, it could grow to full size and lead a relatively long and adventurous life.
- A month-long chase is more than just an interesting and adventurous journalistic experience.
- These are supposed to be the most adventurous years of your life, packed with experiences.
- They were both twenty, full of energy at times and seeking some adventurous diversion.
- She continued, wringing her hands in excitement to finish her adventurous story.
- Once considered an adventurous shopping experience, these price slashers are now in easy proximity to the suburban jungle.
- These are excellent accessories that could add up to your Jeep's sporty and adventurous qualities.
- Its zig-zag course and the steep cliffs on either side make a two-hour raft trip down the river an adventurous experience.
- Secondly, we are all aware that we should try kit out in shallow water before gradually building up our depth and experience and undertaking more adventurous dives.
- The second of our thrillers is an adventurous modern love story, firmly located in London but with universal themes.
- At the end of the line, all they may have is a head full of adventurous mishaps to tell their grandchildren about.
- They embarked on a life that was both romantically adventurous and cozily domestic.
- Relating to that audience, if it's a Buddies audience, can be an adventurous experience.
- Experience the world of adventurous outdoor sports and travel with National Geographic Adventure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.