In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1adversidad femininein adversity — en la adversidad
- The real issue is that suffering is part of life, as are loss and adversity.
- What they all share is a triumph of the human spirit in adversity.
- The team has suffered through some adversity, but they seem to be the better for it.
- Her brilliance at the keyboard is an inspirational example of how talent can overcome adversity.
- He symbolises great tolerance, and dogged persistence in the face of adversity.
- They share a friendship forged through adversity.
- These would offer hope and understanding at a time when there's so much suffering and adversity in the world.
- They showed that they can stare adversity in the face and still come out on top.
- Here are real stories of courage against adversity which reveal rich personalities who have much to offer.
- They want a better life, and they're prepared to face adversity to get it.
- Nominees can be able bodied or disabled sportsmen and women and may well have triumphed over adversity.
- He has overcome massive adversity throughout the last three-and-a-half years.
- The book was well received and is a moving account of a man's struggle against adversity.
- In both, the aim is to overcome adversity, and those who are most successful are those who have done that best.
- The history of man, which is peppered with triumph over adversity, has been a long and difficult one.
- If we abandon our ideals in the face of adversity and aggression, then those ideals were never really in our possession.
- Something about these teams seems to draw them together in adversity.
- Perhaps the tourist sector could turn adversity into advantage by launching official flood tours of York.
- He is a man who has had to face up to adversity and he has done so with determination and dignity.
- The next 12 months will be crucial in establishing whether he can cope with adversity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.