In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Businessmasculine anunciomasculine spot (publicitario)masculine aviso Latin Americaréclame Latin Americamasculine reclame River Platemasculine anunciomasculine aviso Latin Americaa shampoo advertisement — un anuncio (/ spot etc. ) de champú
- an advertisement for shampoo — un anuncio (/ spot etc. ) de champú
- while the advertisements are on — mientras pasan los anuncios / la publicidad
- we put in an advertisement for our car — pusimos un anuncio para vender el coche
- an advertisement for two secretaries/teaching posts — un anuncio solicitando dos secretarias/ofreciendo dos puestos de profesor
- she's a good advertisement for vegetarianism — su salud dice mucho en favor del vegetarianismo
- But advertisements for massage services will continue to appear in the paper.
- The advertisements for promoting television sets also help in achieving a boost in overall sales.
- All advertisements for cosmetic surgery should also carry clear health warnings, she added.
- It has produced non-commercial public service advertisements, including ones for the 1999 election.
- Littered throughout today's newspapers there are job advertisements for positions in the public service.
- As a result, cigarette makers do not need to design different packages and advertisements for each state.
- Our public service advertisements continue to appear in national magazines.
- They have produced advertisements for beers, cosmetics, stores and movies.
- It features advertisements for equipment sales, as well as bands searching for musicians and various other items.
- And scores of promos through print and television advertisements announce the arrival of new films.
- Brightly-coloured neon signs are mostly used as rooftop advertisements for hotels or other commercial institutions.
- That is why so many advertisements for products consist of nothing more than the name of the product and perhaps a smiling face.
- And nowhere is this science more exciting than in the advertisements for personal care products.
- He would frequently answer advertisements for rental vacancies, but no landlord would offer his family a spot.
- Most advertisements for baby products suggest that what's good for baby is also pretty good for mum.
- City pages of newspapers are filled with high visibility advertisements for new products.
- Over the years, I've noticed various advertisements for customised designer beds.
- The sports star will do TV advertisements for the candidate.
- In recent weeks, the Daily Bugle has printed more than a dozen large advertisements for cigarettes.
- Students created advertisements for their products, and they also learned how to make change.
2(proclaiming)anuncio masculinedivulgación feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.