In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(precaution/course of action) aconsejable(course of action/precaution) convenienteit is advisable to book a seat — es aconsejable / se aconseja reservar un asiento
- it wouldn't be advisable to approach him now — no sería prudente proponérselo ahora
- Would it be advisable to convert our savings into euros to avoid loss?
- Supplemental oxygen is not required to climb it, but good brakes in your car are advisable.
- There are other questions raised about whether it is advisable to have government so close to the funding of the arts.
- All those interested in taking part should note that early booking is advisable.
- As copies are selling very quickly it is advisable to purchase one without delay.
- This may be advisable if you are likely to be carried away by the proceedings and bid over your upper limit.
- Art classes for the retired are now commencing in the Nursing home and booking is advisable.
- I know also that wearing a helmet is not compulsory - but that it is advisable for obvious reasons.
- The courses at present are heavily booked so it is advisable to put your name down early.
- It is also not advisable to consolidate debts by repeatedly remortgaging.
- As our numbers are increasing it is advisable to book your time as early as possible during the week.
- Advance booking is always advisable but you can of course always take a chance on the day itself.
- In fact, it is advisable to be cautious and consult a doctor prior to departure.
- It may also be advisable to carry an emergency card or bracelet to alert others of the allergy.
- It is advisable to drink lots of water and losing weight helps a lot.
- Childcare will be provided but places are limited so early booking is advisable.
- But for aficionados of charmless architecture, it would be advisable to move fast.
- It is not advisable to let young children out at night and they should always be supervised whenever possible.
- There are no booking arrangements, so it is advisable for patrons to come early and get seats.
- Again, it's advisable to talk to other parents and to follow up recommendations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.