In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(course of action/precaution) aconsejable(course of action/precaution) convenienteit is advisable to book a seat — es aconsejable / se aconseja reservar un asiento
- it wouldn't be advisable to approach him now — no sería prudente proponérselo ahora
- As copies are selling very quickly it is advisable to purchase one without delay.
- It is not advisable to let young children out at night and they should always be supervised whenever possible.
- But for aficionados of charmless architecture, it would be advisable to move fast.
- Supplemental oxygen is not required to climb it, but good brakes in your car are advisable.
- All those interested in taking part should note that early booking is advisable.
- In fact, it is advisable to be cautious and consult a doctor prior to departure.
- It is also not advisable to consolidate debts by repeatedly remortgaging.
- The courses at present are heavily booked so it is advisable to put your name down early.
- There are other questions raised about whether it is advisable to have government so close to the funding of the arts.
- Art classes for the retired are now commencing in the Nursing home and booking is advisable.
- Childcare will be provided but places are limited so early booking is advisable.
- Again, it's advisable to talk to other parents and to follow up recommendations.
- Advance booking is always advisable but you can of course always take a chance on the day itself.
- This may be advisable if you are likely to be carried away by the proceedings and bid over your upper limit.
- Would it be advisable to convert our savings into euros to avoid loss?
- It is advisable to drink lots of water and losing weight helps a lot.
- As our numbers are increasing it is advisable to book your time as early as possible during the week.
- There are no booking arrangements, so it is advisable for patrons to come early and get seats.
- It may also be advisable to carry an emergency card or bracelet to alert others of the allergy.
- I know also that wearing a helmet is not compulsory - but that it is advisable for obvious reasons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.