In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1consejero masculineconsejera femininemasculine asesorfeminine asesoraspiritual adviser — consejero espiritual
- financial adviser — asesora financiera
- adviser to sb — consejero / asesor de algn
- At the moment I am an adviser to the Minister of the Interior, but I will be quitting soon.
- I suggest your friend either contact a tax adviser to work out the liability or go directly to her own inspector of taxes.
- He continues to serve as a senior adviser to the Ministry of the Interior.
- He was the artistic adviser to the Queen, and he had certain proclivities, which they all had.
- His wide experience has made him a top adviser to the Home Office and the police.
- He spent 30 years as an adviser to the Treasury, working closely with nine chancellors.
- He runs an engraving business in Halifax and is an adviser to Halifax Rugby League Football Club.
- Presently, he has his hands full as an adviser to European Parliament on Guatanemo Bay.
- He had stepped down as an adviser to the board of Leeds United days earlier.
- A leading adviser to the Chancellor of the Exchequer was due in Bradford today to talk to trade unionists.
- She was phoned back not by the MP, but by a special adviser to the secretary of state.
- An adviser to the Royal Mail has been involved in discussions with major banks.
- Picture my surprise when I read the suggestion that he could have been a health adviser to the Blair government.
- He is now a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and an adviser to the Pentagon.
- There is no way that the chief adviser to the president is going to be someone out on bail.
- He was a specialist adviser to the malaria consortium programme to promote malaria control strategies.
- He's since gone on to chronicle his experiences in a book, and of course act as advisor in the movie.
- The former chartered accountant has also been an adviser to the Scottish Executive.
- Strangely, he is the adviser to the transport department whose services the police use.
- In the past he has been an adviser to the New Zealand and Russian Governments on pensions policy.
- He also acted as an adviser to doctors involved in partnership disputes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.