In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1motor de aviación masculine
- As I stand at the top of the control tower, the air vibrates with the sound of aero engines.
- On the ground floor are actual aero engines of aircraft, past and present.
- During the 1920s and 1930s, two distinct schools of thought had developed concerning military aero engines.
- The roar of four revving aero engines surges from the runway.
- For those who loved powerful systems, the section displaying the key components of massive aero engines had much to offer.
- The firm manufactures car components, aero engines and components for helicopters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.