In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These processes are used primarily by the aircraft and aerospace industries.
- Part of the perceived problem is a lack of graduates in aerospace engineering and other fields.
- The air force was supported by the new and politically influential aerospace industry.
- Canada's aerospace industry has taken off with more lift than just about any other country's.
- The aerospace industry is one of the largest employers in the United States.
- How do we preserve the strength and competitiveness of our aerospace industry?
- The American aerospace and computer industries simply wouldn't exist without it.
- Few parts of the aerospace or civilian airline industry bear much relation to free market theory.
- He continued to play and write songs while studying aerospace engineering at Bristol University.
- This will jointly boost exports of aerospace technology throughout the region.
- Despite the region's contribution to the national aerospace industry, we have seen a loss of jobs.
- He moved to Germany in 1996 where he studied first German and then aerospace engineering.
- These are used in aerospace engineering, turbine manufacture, and power generation.
- In the same way, aerospace often pulls out of downturns after the rest of a slumping economy is back on its feet.
- That the US aerospace industry is in need of a wake up call is no longer a question.
- One of the most exciting and emerging fields of engineering is aviation and aerospace.
- The flight bug drove him to study aerospace engineering and serve as a Navy pilot in Vietnam.
- The agency is targeting the financial sector as well as IT, aerospace, creative industries and food and drink.
- She made high grades in math and science, so was set on a career path of aerospace engineering.
- The aerospace industries are a central arena for trade conflicts between the US and Europe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.