In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There's an esthetic appreciation but no emotional context.
- In this period, they occupied very much the center of aesthetic appreciation and social value.
- Kashmir's contribution to the Indian thought has been of immense artistic, esoteric and aesthetic value.
- Does knowing this information contribute to an esthetic appreciation of the photograph?
- But beyond that there is an aspect that connects our aesthetic appreciation to that of Nature itself.
- They might be an expression of aesthetic appreciation, or they might be applied as part of a knowledge system.
- Second, there is a need to sensitize the students about the esthetic value of ethnic literary pieces.
- There are two traditional views concerning what constitutes aesthetic values.
- As for esthetic value, I would bet on the architect whose project reflects enduring human values in architecture.
- That may be partly true but it does not detract from a thorough aesthetic appreciation of his works.
- We should strive to appreciate the aesthetic value of our names.
- At least with the monument, aesthetic appreciation justifies a lack of content.
- There is a disquieting aesthetic beauty and grace found in the war dead.
- Women also appreciate the aesthetic value of a knife and may choose to combine function with beauty.
- Both terms were applied in all the arts in a neutral sense with no necessary implication for beauty or aesthetic value.
- This aesthetic appreciation extends to previous writers on the subject.
- New York's film-making community shares the aesthetic appreciation.
- The art on the walls was contemporary and unusual, creating an ambience of aesthetic appreciation.
- This year the Scottish Executive appointed him captain of culture to teach the public some aesthetic appreciation.
- It is also deeply involved in our aesthetic appreciation of the world around us, and there are many examples to draw on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.