In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(reply/statement) afirmativoLinguistics afirmativo
1her answer was in the affirmative — respondió afirmativamente
- put these sentences into the affirmative — ponga estas oraciones en afirmativo
- Every time there's an affirmative answer, the volunteers ring a bell to spur one another on.
- In arguments of this form, all three propositions (the two premisses and the conclusion) are universal, affirmative, and assertoric.
- The affirmative answer was engineered, predetermined and deafening in its repetition.
- Despite his reservations, the answer is decidedly affirmative.
- she held her breath, hoping to hear an affirmative answer.
- As we saw earlier, the logical empiricists held that the answer to this question is affirmative, and the logician largely agreed with them about this.
- If any of the two terms of an affirmative categorical is "empty", then the term in question refers to nothing.
- The very fact that the statement is qualified implies or at least suggests an affirmative answer.
- He raised his eyebrows, which Dan accepted as an affirmative answer.
- With half a season to go, an affirmative answer is required sooner rather than later.
- I will think about it and get back to you… although my answer is more affirmative than not.
- He got affirmative answers from three different people.
- He hadn't been confident of her affirmative answer at all.
- Human nature may even require the application of affirmative and negative propositions: Man is an animal and man is not an animal.
- She examined him for bruises, while he nodded his affirmative answer.
- In general then, the relation of subject to predicate in a true affirmative judgment is the relation of what is at least relatively indeterminate to what at least partially determines it.
- Then you will have to get an affirmative answer.
- Nods and affirmative statements came from everyone in the room.
- His reaction to his classmate's affirmative answer is telling.
- On the other hand, as I have mentioned, a trend has emerged to give an affirmative answer to the question ‘Should writing be studied?’
- She continued to ask the same question, repeatedly, throughout the meal, despite Sammy's reliably affirmative answers.
- The present results provide an affirmative answer to this question.
- The patient giving an affirmative answer to any of these questions would merit a more detailed assessment.
- The rule gives one point for an affirmative answer to each question, and scores of 4 or 5 predict response to spinal manipulation.
- On the surface, the obvious answer seems to be affirmative.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.