1poblar de árboles
- The provision can be applied to farmers who have afforested some of their land since the beginning of the reference period and those who have disposed of land to a public authority for non agricultural use.
- These increases apply to those who afforested their lands between 1993 and 1999 and who did not qualify for the significant increases announced last year.
- The idea is to finance programmes making it possible to afforest non-arable farmland, improve the quality of forests, invest in construction of forest roads, and develop forestry farms.
- When farmland is afforested or peatlands drained, the owner gets a certain tax relief.
- Production of milk and grain will eventually move to a smaller number of larger producers and the likelihood is that the remainder of the land will be farmed extensively or afforested.